Terms & Conditions of Hire
EDEN GROVE COMMUNITY PRECINCT
Welcome to Eden Grove Community Precinct. This document sets out the terms and conditions on which we will give you access to our services and facilities. All hirers must agree to the terms and conditions listed in this document.
Conditions Relating to Hiring of Eden Grove Manning Function Centre
1. The Eden Grove Manning Function Centre is hired only on the conditions set out herein and the payment by any person of any sum by way of fees for our function centre and the issue to any such person by or on behalf of Eden Grove Management of any receipt for such sum shall be deemed to be acknowledgment and acceptance by such person of the conditions and stipulations contained herein.
2. The Eden Grove Management expressly reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse to accept any engagement and the Eden Grove Management shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage or otherwise in consequence of the exercise of this right.
3. The hirer hereby grants the Eden Grove Management an indemnity and releases Eden Grove Management from all claims, demands, remedies, suits, injuries, damage, losses, costs, liabilities, actions, claims for compensation and the like or which Eden Grove Management may become liable in conjunction with injury, damage or accidental death through the hirers neglect or default or the neglect or default of any other person in connection with hirers use of the function centre.
4. Individuals, groups and organisations which hire the Eden Grove Manning Function Centre for activities which involve children under 18 years must comply with the requirements of the relevant Child Protection Legislation.
5. The hirer shall be responsible for the cost of making good any damage caused to the buildings, furniture or fittings arising out of and in the course of his or her engagement, reasonable wear and tear alone excepted. The cost will be deducted from the Bond and any additional costs invoiced.
6. The bringing into the Eden Grove Manning Function Centre or grounds or the use therein of gas bottles, fireworks or any other flammable article or device is expressly prohibited this also includes the use of open fire places. BBQ facilities are provided if organised prior to the function.
7. Animals shall not be brought onto the Eden Grove Community Precinct without prior permission.
8. If the Hirer intends to decorate (hanging of streamers, flags, bunting or other decorations or the erection or placing of any structures) permission must be sought prior to the function. Any damages caused by the said fixtures and/or fastenings will incur a repair fee and will be taken from your bond.
9. The service or consumption of alcohol is only permitted when The Eden Grove Management approval has been granted to the hirer.
If the intention is to sell liquor you must apply for a license under the Liquor Control Act (1988) and provide a copy to Eden Grove Management a minimum of five (5) working days prior to the function. The purpose of the Liquor Control Act (1988) is primarily to regulate the sale, supply and consumption of alcohol, and to minimise harm or ill-health caused to people due to the use of alcohol.
10. The hirer will advise Eden Grove Management if their event requires site security. All site security will be arranged by, and be the responsibility of the hirer.
11. The Eden Grove Manning Function Centre and outside grounds must be left by the hirer in a reasonably clean condition and all goods, properties or materials brought in by the hirer or any person on their behalf must be removed from the premises before the time to which the Eden Grove Function Centre has been engaged, failing which they will not be released until a charge for handling and storage is paid.
12. It is the hirers responsibility to ensure that all equipment bought onto the Eden Grove Community Precinct is tested and tagged and complies with the Australian Standards.
Caterers and or hirers using the kitchen must leave the same in a thoroughly clean condition. Any damages to the facility or equipment will incur a fee and will be taken from your bond. If the bond does not cover the damages the extra amount will be invoiced and taken from your credit card.
13. Circumstance of self catering Eden Grove Management except no liability regarding the standard and hygiene of the food prepared and serviced on the premises at a private function or event.
14. The hirer must make themselves aware of the emergency evacuation plan and assembly point. All emergencies should be reported to emergency services by calling “000” and Eden Grove Community Precinct nominated contact.
15. Equipment or furniture cannot be brought into the Eden Grove Manning Function Centre without prior permission. Hirers are to be responsible for all deliveries, setup and removal of all equipment that is not the property of Eden Grove Community Precinct. All equipment brought on site by the hirer remains the sole responsibility of the venue hirer and will not be covered by South West Community Cares’ insurance.
16. Hire of the Eden Grove Manning Function Centre is only for the time period that is agreed to. Set up and pack up must be included in your hire time.
17. Incidents or damage must be reported to the Eden Grove Community Precinct nominated contact.
18. Hirer is responsible for all visitors to the Eden Grove Manning Function Centre. If there are intruders, then you must call the Police.
19. The hirer must clean the kitchen and comply with our cleaning checklist located in the kitchen area. If the kitchen is left in an unacceptable state Eden Grove Community Precinct will charge a fee and this will be taken from your bond.
20. It is the responsibility of the hirer to dispose of all waste that is a result of a function, or ensure that all waste is stored in receptacles provided. Waste material must be removed from the property and put into the bins outside provided at the conclusion of your booking.
21. The key is issued only to the hirer. You cannot transfer to any other party. Lost or unreturned keys means that the hirer will be required to pay the costs incurred by the locksmiths to replace or repair.
22. Eden Grove Community Precinct public liability insurance only covers damage or injuries caused by our property and equipment and excludes injuries incurred by property or equipment brought to site by the hirer.
23. Children must be supervised by an adult at ALL times. Guests of the hiring party are responsible for their safety and wellbeing, and their children, whether within the Eden Grove Manning Function Centre area and/or the entire grounds of the Eden Grove Community Precinct. Please note there are bodies of water that are not required by West Australian Law to be fenced, and may pose a risk to life or result in injury.
24. The use and operation of the premises shall not give rise to an "offensive noise", as defined in the Protection of the Operations Act 1997 and Regulations or result in a public nuisance. Noise should be kept to a minimum from the hours of 12.00pm - 7.00am, please be advised we have a number of tenanted properties at Eden Grove Community Precinct, please be respectful for our tenants and their properties.
25. Eden Grove Community Precinct is a completely smoke free environment. All venues and facilities within Eden Grove Community Precinct are strictly smoke free. Any damage to equipment, buildings or property, including surrounding bush land that is the result of fire from irresponsible actions, will be prosecuted through appropriate legal channels.
A 10% deposit (or minimum of $250) is required within 14 days of confirming your booking. Full payment is required upon booking if your event is less than 28 days from occurring.
A final payment must be received no less than 28 days prior to your event.
Your deposit refund will only be returned if you provide written notice of cancellation of the event at least 30 days prior to the event, to . A $100 cancellation fee will be applied.
In the event of a cancelled booking within 28 days prior to the event you will be refunded any amount paid over $250 within 14 days.
Bond Payment and Bond Refund
Bond payment can me made with your Visa/Mastercard over the phone or in person 2 business days before your event. If you wish to pay via direct deposit this needs to be done 5 business days before your event.
Once the event has occurred and the bond funds are not required for any damages, we will return to you within 2 business days of your event occurrence.